‘Balance the Board’ Conference 2023 : Agenda Announced
Designed for C-level business leaders, founders and professionals from the hospitality, travel and leisure sectors, the half day programme shines a light on real world strategies that can accelerate positive change in boardrooms across the sector and UK PLC as a whole.
Women have had enough (and they are not alone)
The data shows that senior, experienced and capable women – along with those from other under-represented groups - are leaving the workforce in droves often to set up their own businesses. It’s a talent pool few can afford to lose and we’ll tackle the root causes and how to overcome them.
For many businesses the inclusivity agenda now embraces all dimensions of diversity including social mobility, LGBTQIA+, race equity, disability and neurodiversity. If that sounds daunting – it needn’t. Our fantastic speakers will walk through how to start, where you can improve quickly and why the most important thing you can do is take the first steps.
No judgement, just empowerment
The packed half day session is designed to empower and inspire business leaders who are actively seeking to change the composition of their boards, transform their talent pipelines and bring new voices to the top table.
Speakers and sessions include:
- Q&A with Sarah Willingham, CEO Nightcap PLC, mum of four and former Dragon
- The Power of Three at Caravan | Laura Harper Hinton (founder), Jo Fleet (managing director) and Jane O Riordan (chair)
- Founding a business (by accident!) | Katy Moses, founder, KAM Media
- Women on Boards | A cross-industry view | Brandie Deignan, CEO and NED and Emma Woods, Chair, Tortilla and NED The Gym Group and Great Portland Estates
- The Importance of Allyship and Understanding | Kelly Canterford Co-Chair of Freehold CIC and Polly Shute, Co-Founder OUTSpoken Speakers Network and Out & Wild Festival
- The HR leaders panel | Adam Dilks, Nightcap Plc, Dawn Browne, Fullers, Helen Sharrock, The Jockey Club and Ceri Gott, Hawksmoor
- Trying to Break the Class Ceiling | Sasha Covington, COO and Head of Diversity & Inclusion for JLL UK Valuation Advisory team
How to be a Change Maker – The Interview | Kate Nicholls OBE, CEO UK Hospitality and Rob Pitcher CEO Revolution Bars Group
Enabling All | Mike Adams OBE – Executive Director, Caretech PLC and CEO of Purple, Ed Warner - CEO Motionspot, Diane Lightfoot - CEO, Business Disability Forum
The Power of Technology to drive Inclusion | Hector Minto, Lead Technology Evangelist, Microsoft and UK Government Disability and Access Ambassador for the Tech Sector.
We’ll also be revealing the The Balance the Board Diversity Survey Results with CGA by NIQ and announcing the shortlist for the Peach 20/20 Diversity Champion Award.
Who should attend?
CEOs, MD,s Founders and Board Members looking to promote change
Investors researching diverse businesses as an intentional growth strategy
HRDs, Talent and People Directors with an appetite for transformation
Senior managers with ambitions for a seat on the board
Anyone passionate about inclusion and diversity
Balance the Board is a non profit organisation and we ask for a small charge to cover costs. A single ticket is just £165 plus VAT* and includes access to all conference sessions, buffet lunch, refreshments and post event networking drinks.
Click HERE to secure your place today.
[ *If anyone is unable to fund a place we will consider waiving charges – please email us directly for more information]